Senior Program Manager
Senior Program Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Hybrid – Johnstown, PA
This position is responsible for providing program management for customer project initiatives, including project leader effectiveness in delivering project objectives on time and on budget. This position manages the operational aspects of a variety of programs including significant, customer interface, incoming program review and assignment to proper technical staff, project management, and project reporting to appropriate NCDMM staff and Department of Defense representatives.
Customer projects can range in length from 2 months to 2 years and with values from tens of thousands to more than $20 million. This position is responsible for generating additional or follow-on business with $2 million to $3 million in value annually.
- Perform overall Program Leadership responsibility for selected programs including, but not limited to:
- Reviewing project input for completeness.
- Developing and overseeing project Statement of Work (SOW), Cost Proposal, and Timeline generation.
- Identifying project team.
- Overseeing project team.
- Ensuring the project is on time, on budget, and meets all set objectives.
- Identifying and recognizing Alliance Partner involvement in projects.
- Monthly Reporting.
- Being the first-line interface with customers and responsible for customer communications and information exchange.
- Providing input regarding the NCDMM strategic planning.
- Identifying new sources for program management opportunities.
- Supervising team members and supporting annual reviews.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering with curriculum emphasizing Manufacturing Technology and or/Mechanical Engineering or other comparable degree program with 10 years of experience.
- In lieu of a Master’s degree the incumbent can have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 15 years of experience.
- Experience in the manufacturing and machining industry with a proven record of increasing responsibility in technical applications and supervisory areas.
- Experience successfully managing individual projects as well as a portfolio of programs comprised of multi-organizational teams is desired.
- Experience with the Department of Defense
- Strong leadership skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willing to travel
- Experience developing effective manufacturing processes to support the production of defense-related components, advanced manufacturing, and additive manufacturing is a plus.