Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Hybrid – Huntsville, AL or Murrysville, PA
As a full-time Project Engineer, you will be a valued and trusted member of the NCDMM team. You will effectively and efficiently plan, lead, and execute multiple projects for our DoD customers within the defined project scope and budgetary constraints. Develop statements of work, cost proposals, and project timelines for new business opportunities. Project Engineers must communicate well with customers, management, other engineers, and technicians.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative and creative team member with a passion for project management and execution while collaborating with team members and customers. The candidate must be detail-oriented.
The NCDMM team culture is innovative, creative, and fast-paced. Members of the team must be adaptive to thrive in an ambiguous environment. This role is part of a collaborative team, but a candidate with a “self-starter” personality with high energy will grow and thrive in this role.
- Must be able to coordinate and execute multiple technical projects, which include:
- Time management (both project and non-project)
- Project budget management – up to $1.0 M
- Developing and managing project costs (pre and post-award)
- Delegating tasks for timely execution of assignments
- Planning and executing tasks within budget and schedule
- Expanding customer and partner networks within our advanced manufacturing ecosystem
- Developing and maturing customer relationships, and meeting/exceeding customer expectations
- Identifying business opportunities – new and existing customer base
- Traveling (<30% travel is expected)
- Working with managers and contract authorities to ensure quality project reporting (budget and progress milestones) subject to internal and external audits.
Required Education and Experience
- Has a B.S. degree in engineering or a related engineering technical area with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- In lieu of a B.S. degree, an associate degree in engineering or a related engineering technical area with 15 years of relevant experience.
- Must demonstrate consistent career achievement including supervising project budgets (material/labor) and proven ability to generate quality reports.
- Has a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in leading and managing projects – effective delegation of tasks is a plus.
- Has experience working in a manufacturing environment with a generalist perspective and knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes.
- Has experience working in DoD project and manufacturing environments.
- Has strong oral and written communication skills, with emphasis on technical report writing.
- Requires little oversight, is proactive, and moves forward with confidence.
- Works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Can communicate on a technical and non-technical level, tailored to the intended audience.
- Is interested in professional and personal development.
- Is well-versed in the Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Microsoft Project.