Graphic Design Coordinator
Graphic Design Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Hybrid – Youngstown, OH
As the Graphic Design Coordinator, you will be a valued and trusted member of the NCDMM and America Makes communications team, reporting to the Communications Manager. This role supports the entire NCDMM company, its subsidiaries, and programs, including America Makes. You will work to improve our storytelling capabilities through the development of visual content to raise awareness and shape the public perception of the Institute. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to), drafting, and designing new marketing materials, as well as working closely with the team to help refresh current materials including website, flyers, event programs, etc., while maintaining consistency relevant to our brand.
The ideal candidate will bring demonstrated experience in graphic design to communicate customer (internal and external) needs through creative storytelling. As the Graphic Design Coordinator, you will focus on inception creation, verification, and validation that key strategies/messaging and deliverables are maintained and delivered according to the deadline.
The NCDMM team culture is innovative, creative, and fast-paced. Members of the team must be adaptive to thrive in an ambiguous environment. This role is part of a collaborative team, but a candidate with a “self-starter” personality with high-energy will grow and thrive in this role.
- Work with the larger America Makes and NCDMM teams to develop the design and format of materials. A variety of typographic, photographic, illustrative, and graphic elements may be integrated into designs
- Develop images to be used in a variety of creative projects, including presentations, brochures, advertisements, corporate identity, tradeshow displays, and more
- Write/edit content as needed to coincide with marketing materials; check work for accuracy/errors.
- Research and source images, including creating a database of relevant images, to help create an engaging narrative for marketing materials
- Collaborate with the Communications team in implementing a new brand and style guide for visual and message continuity
- Ensure consistency with brand/style guide, including voice/tone, when creating new content or designs
- Stay current on the latest trends in visual design/marketing to drive audience focus and messaging
- Work with print/design vendors to ensure project scopes are achieved while brand integrity is upheld
- Work closely with the Communications and larger America Makes team to develop visual communications strategies that help advance the mission of the Institute
- Create PowerPoint templates for business units; ensure consistent branding and messaging
Required Education and Experience
- 10+ years of graphic design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, art, or related field
- A professional online portfolio showcasing creativity and originality must be submitted when applying
- A solid foundation in brand communication and digital marketing
- Commanding knowledge of design principles and software including Adobe Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Experience writing and editing content to complement layout/designs
- Proficiency in digital designs
- Commanding knowledge of print processes
- Extensive experience designing one-pagers/flyers, brochures, ads, infographics, logos, etc.
- Experience designing reports and presentations, including curation of slide masters, using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience in videography production, as well as editing software a plus
- Web design experience a plus
- Microsoft-based (PC) environment
- You have a passion for expressing yourself creatively. You are highly organized, deadline-driven, motivated, and proactive
- You are self-directed. You have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and drive results, as well as to identify issues and resolve problems
- You are mission-driven and have a passion for working in a collaborative environment on a team that drives U.S. manufacturing competitiveness and economic security every day
- You have an intrinsically positive attitude and like to collaborate with coworkers
- Operating in a Microsoft Office environment is second nature to you
- You are open to a hybrid working environment, with at least three workdays required in the Youngstown, Ohio, office
- Occasional travel (less than 20% of the time) to attend events, conferences, programs, etc.