NCDMM Congratulates Gene Berkebile on being Named by the PBT as CFO of the Year
Blairsville, Pa. — November 7, 2019. The National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining (NCDMM) proudly announces that NCDMM Vice President and CFO Gene Berkebile was one of 15 Pittsburgh-area Chief Financial Officers honored by the Pittsburgh Business Times (PBT) in its annual CFO of the Year recognition program. The PBT hosted a reception yesterday evening at the Omni William Penn Hotel to recognize all of the awardees.
“On behalf of all of us at NCDMM, I want to congratulate Gene on this well-deserved honor from the PBT,” said Dean L. Bartles, Ph.D., FSME, FASME, NCDMM President and CEO. “For the past 12 years, Gene has provided consistent financial leadership and has leveraged his extensive experience in government contract accounting and administration to help the NCDMM drive innovation throughout the defense manufacturing industry.”
As the leading source for business news, data and networking for the greater Pittsburgh region, the PBT created the CFO of the Year awards program to honor financial professionals in Western Pa. for outstanding performance as corporate financial stewards. This year, there were 15 award winners, with Patrick DeCourcy, CFO at Allegheny Technologies Inc., also being honored with a Career Achievement award.
Mr. Berkebile joins these other PBT 2019 CFO of Year winners:
- Kent Bloom, Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
- Anita Dressel, TeleTracking Technologies Inc.
- Gus Glyptis, Levin Furniture, Wolf Furniture, and Art Van Furniture
- Brian Golden, R&R Express Inc.
- David Holland, ServiceLink
- John Jubas, The Children’s Institute of Pittsburgh
- Tim Kelly, Pantherx Rare Pharmacy
- Matt Mastarone, Resco Products Inc.
- Heather Ostrowski, DBR & Co.
- Chris Pascuzzi, Schneider Downs & Co. Inc.
- Angela Schuettler, YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh
- Christine Timko, Flynn Construction
- Karen Wood, Environmental Education Finance Collaborative
Mr. Berkebile joined NCDMM in 2007 as a Finance Administrator, advancing to become the Manager and then, Director of Finance, cumulating to his current position as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Leveraging his 20 plus years of experience in government contract accounting and administration, he has developed and instituted comprehensive internal budgeting and metric reports, contributed and worked on several successful NCDMM proposals, led the implementation to new and improved financial systems, and currently manages the NCDMM government contract portfolio totaling more than $350 million.
Mr. Berkebile holds both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business from the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown and Saint Francis University, respectively. He also holds a master’s Certificate from George Washington University in government contract management. Mr. Berkebile is also an active member in the Johnstown, Pa., chapter of the National Contract Management Association.
Prior to joining the NCDMM, Mr. Berkebile previously worked at Concurrent Technologies Corporation, where he was promoted to a Financial Systems Administrator after serving as both a Time Collection Administrator and a Payroll Specialist.
For more information about NCDMM, visit ncdmm.org.
NCDMM delivers innovative and collaborative manufacturing solutions that enhance our nation’s workforce and economic competitiveness. NCDMM has extensive knowledge and depth in manufacturing areas—both commercial and defense—to continually innovate, improve, and advance manufacturing technologies and methodologies. Our experienced team specializes in identifying the needs, the players, the technologies, and processes to attain optimal solutions for our customers. We connect the dots. That’s the NCDMM methodology. NCDMM also manages the national accelerator for additive manufacturing (AM) and 3D printing (3DP), America Makes—the National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute. For additional information, visit the NCDMM at ncdmm.org and follow @NCDMMnews on Twitter.
- NCDMM cuts ribbon, opens doors in Johnstown
- UNI, national partners launch major Industry 4.0 technology initiative
- NCDMM to Receive Multiple 2022 Manufacturing Leadership Awards
- AMIIC Announces Appointments to Its Advisory Board
- NCDMM Appoints John Schmitt as Executive Director of the Advanced Manufacturing Innovation and Integration Center